Okay. Now that we've established the problem I'm going to show you why its a problem so that maybe you'll get a glimpse of your own self centered stupidity.
The Christian faith, (all branches and denominations) Is supposed to be a conceded one. Don't get me wrong, everyone has a right to defend their beliefs, but there is a difference between defending and proselytizing. I would never disagree with someone taking a public measure to defend their religion but only do what is necessary. Don't preach to people that don't want to be preached to. For example: A follower of the Christian faith is told to never deny God before their piers, but that does not mean that when your church buddy asks you to admit to the world that your Christian for the fun of it or just because he/she wants to see if you'll do it that it's okay to visit Facebook and announce to the world:
"I believe in Jesus Christ & have accepted him as my personal savior. One facebooker has challenged all believers to put this on their wall. In the Bible it says, if you deny me in front of your peers, I will deny you in front of my Father, at the gates of Heaven. Simple, If you love God & aren't afraid to say it REPOST THIS! (Remember Matthew 10:32-33)"
This is all good and dandy to know but let me just say this as any other annoyed viewer might, I don't care. Your exercising an extremely large amount of pride and you might want to be careful; it's a "sin." ;)
Some things that get just look stupid when you do them. They get on my nerves and pleanty of others nerves because... well frankly it just looks stupid and does you no good:
- Wearing t-shirts with bible verses or anything involving religion.
- Standing on street corners and preaching to random people that have much better things to do (get a day job).
- Telling me that you'll "pray for me." That's bull shit. I don't wan't to be prayed for, saved, or fixed because I don't need to be, and why would you even feel the need to tell me if you weren't just looking for attention?
- Dramatizing and enlarging a religious argument in order to a attract attention. (just plain stupid.)
- Being bias towards people because of their stand on opposing religion.
No comments:
Post a Comment